Solutions of acids and bases
This page randomly generates problems involving acids and bases. In order to use the page, you need a
table of acid/base Ks. To start,press "New Problem" and a question will appear to the right of the button.
If the species listed is not in your table, press "New Problem " again. Otherwise, determine the value of the
answer, enter it in the cell and press "Check Answer". This page assumes that you can perform the basic calculations on acid/base solutions and its may aim is to demonstrate fully the other aspects. If you are still having difficulty calculating [H+] for acetic acid solutions, you should return to the pages that only perform that provide that type of problem. Results appear in the table. Each time you press "New Problem",
you are guaranteed to get a problem you have never seen before.
- To begin-press "New Problem" and a question will appear to the right of the button.
- Put the correct value into the answer cell and press "Check Answer."
- If you use scientific notation enter the number is the form 2.3e5.
- The results on the problem and a running total will appear in the second table.
- If you get a problem "incorrect", you should redo it and recheck your
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing the "Show Answer" button will cause a complete solution to appear.