pH of Solutions of Weak Acids
This page let's you practice the fundamental calculation in acid/base systems:
determining the pH of the solution of a weak acid. When you press "New Problem", a questin will appear to the left of the table. Calculate the pH of the solution and press "Check Answer". Results appear in the second table. In order to
use this page, you need a table of weak acids and their K values. If the compound which appears is not in your table, press "New Problem" to get a new compund. On this page all of the species are weak acids.
- To begin-press "New Problem" and a question will appear to the right of the button.
- Put the correct value into the answer cell and press "Check Answer."
- The results on the problem and a running total will appear in the second table.
- If you get a problem "incorrect", you should redo it and recheck your
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing the "Show Answer" button will cause a complete solution to appear.