Using the Weak Acid Approximation
This page provides problems in using and testing the weak acid approximation When you press "New Problem", a question will appear to the left of the table. Calculate the [H+] of the solution, using the weak acid approx and press "Check Answer". Results appear in the second table. If your [H+] is correct, determine whether the approx value meets the 5% validity criterion. On this page all of the species are weak acids.
- To begin-press "New Problem" and a question will appear to the right of the button.
- Put the correct value into the answer cell and press "Check Answer."
- If your value is correct, click on either "Valid" or "Invalid", but do not do so until your numeric answer has been deemed correct.
- The results on the problem and a running total will appear in the table.
- Pressing the "Show Answer" will cause the correct answer to appear and you will no longer be able submit an answer for that problem.