Second Law Problems
This page presents basic problems involving entropy, free energy and equilibrium constants. The problems involve a few cases where straightforward relationships exist between enthalpy, entropy, free energy and temperature. The page's operation is very straightforward.
- When you press "New Problem", a question will appear to the right of the table. Since browsers are inconsistent regarding the display of math symbols,'d' is used in place of the delta in these problems.
- Determine the needed value, enter it in the answer cell and press "Check Answer."
- Use "e" notation to enter numbers in scientific notation.
- Pay attention to specified dimensions and to the signs
- Results and a running score appear in the table
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing "Show Answer" will display a complete solution.