Freezing and Boiling Points of Aqueous Solutions
This page is an exercise in colligative properties. When you press "New Problem" a solute formula appears in the first cell and values appear in the next two cells. Determine the values of the freezing and bioling points of the solution, enter them into the cells and press "Check Answer." Results appear in the second table.
- Be careful about dissociating solutes
- All solutions are treated as ideal
- It is assumed there are not additional processes beyond the possible solute dissociation, such as weak acid/base reactions.
- Since browsers are inconsistent with regards to displaying mathematical symbols the letter "d" will be used to represent the delta sign.
- Pressing the "Show Answer" will cause the correct answer to appear and you will no longer be able to submit an answer for that problem.