Chemical Formulas and Mass Calculations
This page is an exercise in mass calculations based on the formula of
a chemical compound.
- To begin, press "New Problem" and a formula will appear in the left cell and
a value will appear in one of the remaining three cells. The compounds are relatively simple, containing only C and H
- In the solution presentation, "H(formula)" represents the mass of H per mole of compound while "H mass" is the mass of H in the current sample.
- Enter the correct masses in the remaining two cells and press "Check Answer."
- The results and running totals appear in the second table.
- Pressing the "Show Answer" will cause the correct answer to appear and you will no longer be able to submit an answer for that problem.