Relating Eo,G and K
This page provides basic exercises for relating standard potentials,standard free energies and equilibrium constants. When you press "New Problem", an unbalanced redox reaction with its Eo will appear. Calculate the missing values, enter them in the cells and press "Check Answer." Results will appear in the main table. The questions will provide a redox reaction. You do not have to balance it completely, but you do need to determine the number of electrons transferred in the balanced equation.
- If you use scientific notation enter the number is the form 2.3e5. Be careful about the sign and dimensions of the G(KJ)
- This page requires 3 significant figures at each step. Be certain that you do the rounding before taking the antilogarithms.
ex n*E/0.0257 2*3.17/0.0257=246.69..... round this to 247 then K=e247
- If you get a problem "incorrect", you should redo it and recheck your answer.
- Pressing the "Show Answer" will cause the correct answer to appear and you will no longer be able to submit an answer for that problem.
- Pressing "Display Half Reactions" will display the half reactions used on this page, if you need them.