This math review page deals with quadratic equations which contain integer terms. Its operation is simple.
Press "New Problem" and a quadratic equation will appear in the top frame. Determine the values of
the roots and enter them in the cells. Press "Check Answer" and the results will appear in the second table.
- Although the terms in the source equation are integers, it is possible that the roots
are real numbers.
- Be careful about the signs of the answer
- You must enter your answer as a decimal number. Thus, you must enter .125, not 1/8
- Your answer must have 1% agreement with the correct answer, so you should
enter it to 3 significant figures.
- Use the TAB key to move between cells.